Saturday, February 25, 2012

I have had diarrhea for about a week or so, but I only go 1 or 2 times a day. What is going on?

I am a little concerned because the diarrhea has lasted for more than 3 days. I know that stomach viruses last for 2-3 days, so I'm a little concerned as to why I have diarrhea like I have. I have an appointment booked with the doctor tomorrow at 4pm, but I'm worried about what he may say.



Any reassuring advice? Has anyone experienced something like this before? I realise it's cold outside and this could cause stomach changes, but to have diarrhea for nearly a week is worrying.I have had diarrhea for about a week or so, but I only go 1 or 2 times a day. What is going on?
Ever hear of IBS? It may be a possibility. Look it up.



Good Luck.I have had diarrhea for about a week or so, but I only go 1 or 2 times a day. What is going on?
I'm not sure because it could be any number of things. I'm leaning towards "mild GI virus," but I'm sure the doctor will be able to figure it out.



In the meantime, try eating only starchy stuff like bananas, rice, toast, and applesauce/apples, and drink lots of water, and see if that helps.I have had diarrhea for about a week or so, but I only go 1 or 2 times a day. What is going on?
Wait for the doctors appointment. Could be anything, could be some virus, plus what you put in your mouth has gotta go out the other end.

I have I.B.S., Ive had bouts of diarrea where I go more than that in an hour (try 3 times in 30 minutes...1 or 2 times a day is nothing!).

Try to keep your fluids up so you dont get dehydrated. Good luck, youll be fine
Having diarrhea for a week is cause for concern. Have you been on antibiotics? It sounds like something has destroyed the natural flora in your digestive system. Excessive alcohol consumption can do this too. Acidophilus is an over the counter herbal remedy for this, it replaces the flora your digestive system needs to function properly. Yogurt will do the same thing. Please do drink plenty of non-caffeinated fluids to prevent dehydration, the most dangerous concern with extended diarrhea.

Diarrhea can be a symptom of many afflictions, I'm glad you're going to see the doctor tomorrow. Making that appointment was a very wise move on your part. Good luck!
  • play chess against computer
  • rumor touch
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment