Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is it OK to do a full body routine every other day?

I am a 6'3" 218 pound male and I am looking to cut some body fat. I am at about 23% BF right now and want to get down to no higher than 15% and no lower than 10% BF. I was wondering if it would be recommended/OK to do a full body workout every other day? Here is what my routine would look like:

Monday - HIIT Training (cardio)

Tuesday - Squats; bench press; lat pull downs; shoulder press

Wednesday - HIIT Training (cardio) and abs

Thursday - Lunges; decline bench press; seated rows; lateral raises (shoulders)

Friday - OFF

Saturday - Leg extensions; leg curls; dumbbell fly's; upright rows

Sunday - HIIT Training



I was wondering if doing a full body workout every other day is safe and effective? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!Is it OK to do a full body routine every other day?
Yes that is absolutely the way you should do it. You always want to keep a day in between to let your muscles heal. So, doing full body workout every other day and cardio in between is a very good strategy. Just remember that you should be flexible with your schedule based on how your body feels.Is it OK to do a full body routine every other day?
Yes. Doing high intensity full body workouts every other day is great to do.Your workout if followed will help you lose you body fat. I would however, add pull ups into your routine. Doing 300 pushups and 60 pull ups 6 days a week have really helped me to get a lot stronger and get my arms and abs much more cut. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment