Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I voulunteer at a primary school - and i want to do a full day tomorrow but? id have no where to go for lunch?

I am socially awkward (i have aspergers) When the teacher talks to me - eg how was your bday? I said yea it was great..it...I...yea it was...*thinking what to say - pauses and just awkward etc - her looking at me in a weird...way



I usually just do afternoons - last week I went 3 times which is really good for me (usally it was..once every 2 weeks(one afternoon)



I want to do at least one full day - but dont want to walk home and back again (its close but...) and wouldnt be in the staff room eating with them



My mum thinks i should just do the afternoon again and see if i can keep up / do it.



what should I do



the teacher also doesn't want me in on fridays- last Thursday she said have a nice weekend (weeks ago i asked what days could I be in (afternoons.)





I also just stand around looking awkward / quiet cause im too shy to say bye...then eventually just wonder off and find my mum (she also works there) but this week she is gonna be in the canteen (i cant / dont wanna be with her. she has her lunch after most staff (eg when lunch time is over)I voulunteer at a primary school - and i want to do a full day tomorrow but? id have no where to go for lunch?
I only know a little about Aspergers. Think about this: you can interact socially with your mom. How did you reach that point of familiarity? I bet you could become familiar enough with these people to be able to sit at lunch at the staff room and they can just let you be.



I assume there's not a place outside of the school where you could go? Pack a lunch and eat out there? Otherwise it will just have to be going home.... Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment