Sunday, March 4, 2012

Control of money for under 18s?

I've earned large amounts of money ($10 000) from acting, which used to be held in a joint band account between me and my father, purely because i was too young at the time to hold a bank account in my own name. I found out that he had transferred the money into his own account the other day. What can i do about it? Who legally owns the money, and as a minor, do I have the right to control it myself?Control of money for under 18s?
Your joint account holders %26amp; he took all the money, you got bamboozled and there's nothing you can do about it. If the money was still in the account, you could withdraw it all just like your daddy did. It's time to sit down %26amp; have a serious talk with daddy, that's alot of money to take from anyone for raising a kid, that money could buy you a car or something, pay for an apartment for a year or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment