Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why is all of the suicide prevention focused on Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans groups? What about the rest of us?

I'm 20 and depressed. I have no reason to feel this way, I'm incredibly lucky to have had such a good up bringing, friend network, and access to opportunities - I just feel the way I do and no matter how hard I try I can't help it. There is all of this focus on suicide prevention nearly all focusing on L/G/B/T people... what about the other kids just simply dealing with depression? I went to the hospital (ER) on Thursday of this past week - Was there all day, and they did absolutely nothing. Told me to go home, call this number 24 hours later, and schedule an appointment to meet someone in 4-5 weeks. What the hell is that? Telling a suicidal person to "just wait" 4-5 weeks?... :(Why is all of the suicide prevention focused on Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans groups? What about the rest of us?
It's pretty tough for that group as of right now. Lots of kids are killing themselves from being bullied. But there is help for people like u..u just have to seek the right people. If one counselor isn't cutting it, drop her or him and find a new one. same with any professional who isn't meeting your needs.



you can also email me if you think that could help: leslieo77@yahoo.comWhy is all of the suicide prevention focused on Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans groups? What about the rest of us?
They are the main ones at risk. If you notice discrimination is supposed to be illegal but gays and lesbians are the only ones its okay to discriminate against. Really ****** up if u ask me. It sounds like you have the wrong doctors

No comments:

Post a Comment