Saturday, March 10, 2012

Want to write this story... Is this a crazy idea? Am I just overreacting to everything that's going on?

I'll try to make as much sense as possible. I should start off by saying that I'm an otaku. I'm a huge anime and video game buff, and I'm always looking for a good one to watch/buy.



I've been uber stressed out by school since I started college in the fall of 2010. Here I am, working towards my major, trying to find a job, trying to get some stuff written, and trying not to let it all kill me at once. Freshman year, I shared a room with my friend from High School, and he's also an anime buff. One day, I come back to my room, and I see him watching the show, Elfen Lied. This may come as kind of a shock to you guys, but I was just terrified by the first three episodes. As I watched more and more, however, not only did I get severely freaked out by some of the situations in the series, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for most of the characters, and what they'd been put through in their lives. By the time I had finished the series, nothing surprised me anymore, as the series had pretty much everything. However, I abstained from the Manga, since I'd heard that the Manga was far worse. Bottom line, when I was finished watching it, there were things in Evangelion that no longer bothered me.



Over the summer and winter breaks for my college, I'd gotten heavily into the Assassin's Creed video games, and I saw them as a perfect way to get my mind off of things.



I don't know what it is, but for some reason, along the road in college, I got this idea to do a fanfiction story. That's what I do during a lot of my spare time, is right fanfiction. I got this idea about how I could get over all the bad stuff that happened in Elfen Lied and be not so easily kept up at night thinking about all of the horrific things that happened in it. I wondered, what if I did my own take on the series? I had this idea to cross Elfen Lied over with Assassin's Creed, and see how it turned out. I could re-write the series, in a sense, in such a way that a lot of the bad things that happened in the series will be justified, and it may even have a happier ending than the actual thing.



I realize that this will deviate quite a bit from Elfen Lied's actual storyline. But I just feel like I have to do this. I have a very overactive, overimaginative, and overcalculating mind, and you have no idea the kind of situations I turn over in my mind when I think of this series. Somehow, I believe that writing this story is the only chance I have of staying sane, or even becoming even close to the amount of sane that I was before watching the series.



I'd like you guys to keep an open mind when answering this. I have no doubt a lot of you will want to say "Yes" if I ask if I'm overreacting to Elfen Lied or if my story is a crazy idea. But please take those questions into consideration, along with what I've said, keep an open mind, and please give me your honest opinion.Want to write this story... Is this a crazy idea? Am I just overreacting to everything that's going on?
If you think you can, good.Never read elfen lied but if it's as disturbing as you say it is, its fine if you over react, go ahead and write.

Now I'm going to go read it...

No comments:

Post a Comment